CCD seeks community members to serve on it's board. Corning Cemetery District (CCD) is a tax supported public cemetery providing a range of burial options for qualified district residents and their families. CCD desires applicants who would bring diversity to the board and provide oversight for the district.
· Attend monthly board meetings.
· Participate in committees and/or educational opportunities related to cemetery management and/or board member best practices.
· Ensure adequate financial resources and ensure they are managed effectively to maintain the financial health, stability, and development of the district.
· Select, evaluate and support management and work collaboratively to enact policies and procedures.
· Ensure CCD is effective in meeting its mission and purpose and serve the public to the best of its ability.
The CCD board is a five-member board. Board members serve for a term of four years.
Applicants are asked to complete the attached application (below) stating their interest in joining. Applicants are encourgaged to include what they feel they can contribute to CCD and/or any knowledge or skills that they can bring that are relevant to assisting CCD in its mission. You can submit your application via email to: (redacted) OR by mail or in person at our office: 4470 Oren Ave. Corning, Ca. 96021.CLICK HERE to download the Board Member Application